The Church of Maradona says, “Football is the religion and, like all religions, has a God. The God of football is Argentine and his name is Diego Armando Maradona”, which has a symbol written as “D10S” (Dios: “God” in Spanish). And yes, it’s %100 real!
In order to join this church, you need to get baptized, by jumping in front of the life sized cardboard of English goalkeeper Peter Shilton and try to score a goal with your left hand, recreating Hand of the God. Here are some quick facts of this church :
– Calender starts at the birthday of Maradona (30 Oct 1960). We’re now in the year 57 AD (Anno Diego).
– Christmas is celebrated on 30rd of Oct.
– Easter is celebrated on June 22, when he scored the goal, Hand of the God.
– The holy book: Bestselling biography of him, “Yo Soy El Diego” (I Am Diego).
– 10 Commands:
1. The ball is never soiled.
2. Love football above all else.
3. Declare unconditional love for Diego and the beauty of football.
4. Defend the Argentina shirt.
5. Spread the news of Diego’s miracles throughout the universe.
6. Honour the temples where he played and his sacred shirts.
7. Don’t proclaim Diego as a member of any single team.
8. Preach and spread the principles of the Church of Maradona.
9. Make Diego your middle name.
10. Name your first son Diego.
The church members meet few times in a year for ceremonies dedicated to him, and eat his favourite foods